Sunday, February 5, 2017

Left



The ropes had loosened during the beating.

I had little fight left.

He pushed me to the floor and began to tighten the ropes above my elbows pushing my arms together.

He retired my wrists.

Now he worked on my legs binding my knees and ankles.

I still can here the sound of the duct tape, circling my eyes, between my teeth, around my head, a dozen times.

I could no longer see.



I could hear my older brother gasp.  His arms were being tightened.

I heard the sound of the duct tape.

I was put on my knees.

I felt my brothers arms pressed against mine.

Our elbows were all tied together.


They manhandled us until we were on our feet.

They put a noose around my neck and tightened it.

Then they gut punched my brother until he slumped.

So I was holding him up by our elbows, knowing if he collapsed I would choke to death.

That's when they left.

No comments: